Wednesday, June 17, 2015

To forget pasts part something or another


For life is but a wonder when you let your life go as a leaf. Never expecting to hit the ground, never expecting life to change like a typhoon in the night. Blowing you so off coarse you can only say "fuck!"? From that night everything was lost. Well you know I learnt a valuable lesson, one of true love. That it can be cruel when you are still so blind. Even when things all go down hill. (I am only writing this to clear my head. To remind me when she phones again, and she will what road she has already tried to put me on.

It was our first year anniversary and I wanted to do something special. I invited the kids, her friends, our friends and my brothers band over for the big event. The night before we start having a few drinks, the music is playing and we started having a few drinks. Well all of a sudden she has an idea that she is going to catch the last ferry off the island to grab her friend on the bigger island. She gets in her car and leaves... I sit on my black large office chair, turn the music on that I am notaloud to play and have another... The morning comes and so does the band and friends. We set up the tents, the tubs full of cold drinks as the band sets up. And no wife. I phone the cell and find out she is on her way, will be a couple hour. And I open my first drink, I think it was 9:30 am maybe 9...

The bands sets up and practices their first song. I had chosen this band for a certain reason. The wife was not a big spiritual person, she was more the Christian that really never went to church and hoped that God would ignore her wicked ways, you know like Americans. So she was not into the soft rythem of salt spring, she wanted rock and roll. The band sounded fantastic, 11 in the morning echoing through the gentle valley, it sounded again... amazing. A hear a car in the driveway, it is a sound very distinct as the driveway was long and full of gravel. Blackberry bushes lining the driveway, overhead the only drawback to the whole landscape. Large power towers radiating bursts of energy. It was only a rental. She pulls up with her friend. Her friend greats me with a hug, we have already hung out before and had some good times, so we huged and she grabbed a drink, the misses well... She didn't look to happy and a lot hungover. She gave me the glance that couples understand during duress. She wants to go to bed and everyone out, I tell her not a chance. The party is only beginning.















































K

No comments: