Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oh you social network you...




I sit trying to read you, the lines and posts are an overwhelming sense of curiosity.
In your words I feel a grasp at broken reality.
Blinding facts never before known.
Confusion and mystery unfolds between the pages.

The things you say, the way you turn with every page to something brighter then before.
I grasp in empty meaning on the fumbled facts you write.
This strewn misconceptions of reality, badly spelt and commas galore spew across your wall.
Is this the amount of you? Processions of cat pictures and idle song lyrics that have no merit.
A constant barrage of anger at the ones who hold the reigns, trying to change the world one post at a time.
Instagram images of breakfast, serpa colored eggs and a fruit plate.
Mayor of the local liquor store, proud to be the king of that castle.
Tumbler, twitter, facebook the names start to mash, as they are all the same.
Mindless and entertaining, something to waste this little moments of life away.

Looking at this keyboard now I ask myself is this what it has come to?
Pouring my heart out at a 140 characters.
Using you as therapy on random poetry sites.
Sharing pictures of beaches and sunsets as I ponder my moments...

Is my life easily summed up in one facebook post?
Does my status as a human count more with my twitter followers ? (It is 1096 if it does)
Does the amount of likes make me a batter man...
I must post that question at quora...


No comments: