Monday, April 9, 2012

My'Key - A Space Of Oddities - Chapter 3




All Stories done on my phone raw while on the bus to work.


Go here to Read Chapter 1 or Chapter 2


As Michael stares into the sky he notices a slight movement from the corner of his eyes. The stars start slowly to twist and swirl. As one moves a second follows faster as if a hole has been unplugged and the sky is draining. In the far top left an eye appears and winks, Michaels stand still, his body starts trembling from his  core. Another eye appears as the stars take the form of a face floating high in the night sky.
Maybe you're brighter then I give you credit for boy; the face says directing its voice from every direction. There might be still hope for you yet! 

Who are you? Michael asks. 

My name is sing. 

Where am I? 

You are at my lab sing says then starts laughing at the end of the sentence. You should have seen the look on you face it was so priceless. Agghh sings screams and pretends to flail giant arms made of stars. I wish I had recorded it that would have kept me laughing for a millennium. Agghh! Ha ha ha. Boy I scared the shit out of you.

"Why do you keep calling me boy", my grandpa use to call me that all the time and I hated it. I know, I can read your mind. I figured It would get your attention quicker. Can you please stop it! I don't really like it. Fine says Sing; I'll call you something you like, how about My'key? I know you like that. 

Fine as long as you stop calling me boy.

Cool well My'key, now that we have introduced ourselves I'm going to wake you up. Just please don't start freaking out again, I have a lot of sensitive equipment here and I don't want to see anything broken. 

The image before him goes blank; an overwhelming sense of vertigo enters his mind as the sudden feeling of falling becomes reality. He starts drifting down in a unknown abyss. Darkness is all he can see except for a pinhole light off in the distance. The light starts getting brighter, his eyes feeling like a stranger to this new found glow ache from within his skull. He is falling faster as the lights flash from red, blue, red, yellow. Fear starts to grips him, he starts to scream aghhhh when all of a sudden his body hits something cold and hard. He is wet, a slime is covering his eyes and mouth. He tries to claw at the substance when he feels a set of hands rest on his shoulders. 

Don't worry My'key, it's not like you haven't done this once before. Scared Michael grabs the thick-skinned hand and starts to shake. Song reaches over and stats to clean his face with a damp clothe. Gently taking his time to get all the pieces from his face. Your eyes will hurt for a bit but once they adjust you should notice a complete difference in your vision. Michael squinting tries to speak, his throat feels like its on fire. He tries to speak but a croak is all he can produce. 

Just relax, sing says. It will take a hour before you feel better. Handing him a slim vile to his lips he asks him to drink this slowly. The taste is bitter, like sucking on the sourest candy, but he does feel better. Clothes your eyes and sleep. I will explain everything when you wake. Michael slips off to sleep, in his dreams he is flying something that looks like a plane over the fields of his house. He sees his home and his mother in the garden pulling weeds. She looks up and waves, the screen in the ship shows her face as a tear slides down her cheek. Don't worry he hears her whispers; this is what you were born to do. 

The air is heavy, like carrying small wet sacks on the lungs. It tastes sweet against his tongue and smell reminds him of sitting under a cherry blossom in full plume. His heart is pounding in his chest, the sound not helping the headache that seems to building a shop right in the center of the brain. A sharp pain hits his left calf, a dreamy voice says something about this should work and the crew in his head just up and decided to take an early lunch. He tries to open his eyes; the light doesn't hurt as much as it did before. It was like looking through a kaleidoscope that he had as a kid, the colors twisted and unfocused never giving time to settle on just one thing. The room was an eerie white light, almost florescent without the hum. There was no noise in the place just his fear screaming within his mind and his heart beating. He attempts to sit up stumbling a bit; his eyes feel like they are rolling down a hill. He just can’t seem to focus on anything in the room but the light that surrounds him, it’s so beautiful...


If heaven was ever a place it would be what he was viewing now, what he saw was the universe suspended and revolving in light. Images of dwarf stars and suns passing by him. a dark star passed right threw him. There was no walls just individual layers of islands in this massive white opaque room. If there was ever an end to this room he could not fathom it, It was endless on all sides. ships were passing overhead the size of Ocean luxury cruisers. And a sea of floating buildings stacked on top of each other. Each level had its own station, some were the size of Manhattan others were small, almost the size of a small home joined together with other levels the same diamanter.

"This is your ship!?"

No My'key this is my home world, and this is my office, well one level of it.

I don't understand, what is going on, what do you want from me?

"Ok I do owe you that" sings says. He walks over and grabs the boy by the arm gently and says come with me.

He takes him over to an edge of a drop where stairs would usually when a bar of light automatically takes them right down to the next level. He didn't even notice that it happened. One moment he was at the top of a  flight of stairs with no stairs and the next minute he was down on a level that looks like it was dedicated for luxury. Beautiful fabrics with colors he has never seen before dangle from furniture clearly designed not for humans.

Here let me get you something more comfortable to sit on, We have no bones like you do and we can twist and move every portion of our bodies at will.

"So your an Invertebrate?"

Yes, we evolved from what you would call arthropods.

"You came from bugs?"

Hahaha No My'key, not your idea of bugs but yes kind of. Sing pulls out a floating chair and puts it beside Michael. Here sit and relax, I'll try to explain things. My species is billions and billions of years older then yours, my planet is just off the center of the universe, well what we know of it. We tried exploring the universe until we figured that what we thought of as size was nothing compared to the vastness of space. Our greatest scientists created what you saw just before you ran, sing starts snickering again. A sphere that was created to find a suitable planet and to land in an area without notice. These spheres are portals that record every detail of time from first landing. They monitor all activity and also gives us an opportunity to travel great distances without moving. We can travel to any one of these stars like walking through a doorway. It also gives us the ability to go back at anytime from the beginning of recording.

"Time Travel?"

Yes, we can go back up to the moment we sent out these spheres.
We have been using your sun for millions of years to cultivate food and new medicines. All suns have unique qualities to support life, your sun is enriched with so much energy we use it to power a majority of our world. We have learnt to balance all life. To respect it growth and its own evolution, We do not mess with an individuals life as every species deserves that right to live. We just watch, record and grow. By the way your planet has the best weed, people from all over the galaxy order that shit up by the bundle. You are more famous then you could ever imagine. Just no other species knows where you are, and that is why it is our job to keep it that way. To try to keep balance to the universe, fix any mistakes without interfering. To go in silent like a ninja and strike then disappear again.

"I don't understand, you involve yourself then say you do not interfere?"

Look I really don't want to start talking the politics of it, I personally don't agree with it at all. I think what we are doing is meddling where we should have no right. We go back and save leaders from executions because we deem they do a better job then the one who replaces him. We have placed our fingers in almost every moment of time and have created the universe in our own minds while making many enemies on the way. I am only a small part and have no say on anything, I just do my job.

"Why did you bring me here?"

For some reason the ships cloaking systems failed and I was trying to repair it when you came along, I still don't know how you found it. After you had your freak out and fall I felt pity for you and had taken your dying body and place it in a cell regrowth chamber. If today wasn't your birthday then it is now. Happy Birthday My'key! You will notice that your vision and hearing will be better. We fixed any anomaly that we could find, you are now stronger and smarter then you have ever been. But the look in your eyes tells me you still don't have a clue.

"I heard it."

What, sing says with a confused look in his eyes.

"I heard the ship, sphere thing. It was so clear in my mind that I just followed it.

That's impossible, there isn't anything on it to make a sound, sing says. "No I did hear it, it was like it was right beside me, then it moved and I started to follow the sound.

Ok kid, get off the drugs. Now like I was saying I might have helped break you and I couldn't just leave you there. "What are you going to do with me?" Eat you! "What!" Sing starts laughing again, nothing. I am going to do nothing with you but put you back.

"Are you not afraid I'm going to talk?"

Who you going to tell kid and second who is really going to believe you. Your government has your people chasing so many ghosts your species doesn't even know what to believe anymore. You will just end up looking like a nut job spending his days in front of the computer watching youtube videos of flying hubcaps. No I am going to take you home as soon as I get the... A giant explosions rocks the next floating island beside them. The sound of gears grinding and heavy smoke starts billowing out of it. Sing jumps and hits a panel on a post, a screen opens up with a scene of carnage going down on other levels. Another explosions rocks the building on the other side, it rocks left and slams into the building they were sitting knocking them both to the floor. The lights of the entire room take on a slight red as warning bells sound from every spot around. We got to get out of here sing screams. He grabs Michaels hands and takes him to the lift. All of a sudden he is back on the level with the floating universe. Another blasts tears apart the bottom floor. The building starts to shake and fall slowly around them. We're going down, we have to make a break for it. Sing goes over to a glass panel and attempts to hit some keys. Ok the portals still on Earth, I have to get you out of here quick before we both die. I will come back and try to get a grip when your... BOOM half the room tears open, sing grabs mIchael and jumps in the middle of the illusion of the universe.

The both land hard on wet mud, rain is pelting down on both of them. The ship is buried deep within a forest floor. The sound of lighting and thunder fill the night but little light is coming in. Only rain.


No comments: